how?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      blueprincess
      Participant

Hi everyone, I want to quit cocaine, alcohol, pain killers and gambling.

what’s the first thing? what helped you?

flyinghighaus
      Participant

My parents finding out. I came out and told them everything.

It was hard but I would do it all over again if it means I get to where I am today.

I had a month of basically no contact with anyone that would suck me back in (most people I did it with/knew that did) I deleted from my phone.

My mum had my phone and wouldn’t leave me alone with it when I wanted to have a look through Facebook. It was so nice to sit there and distract myself with a book, those colouring in books, exercise and being with family in general.

My Mum also stayed with my in my room for a few weeks and there were so many rough nights that I woke up from bad dreams of the room spinning, or I thought I was already at work and would wake up in my room more confused than ever.

I worked my butt off at work, took on a few more casual jobs that made me work weekends to stay in and save instead of going out and getting sucked into the life.

You definitely need to cut ties with anyone that still does it, at least until you know you’re strong enough to want a better life more than you want a quick 5 minute high that will put you back to square one.

Having a friend to come out with you and make sure you don’t do anything silly if you’re okay to drink again.

My main thing that stops me from doing it is my job, my family, myself… I now know it doesn’t get me high – I get anxiety, I go quiet and get so paranoid about my nose. I also know it has changed the shape of my nose and I feel like my septum has thinned dramatically but I don’t have any holes and regularly see my doctor when I get worried again. It feels so embarrassing to even mention how it’s ruined my nose and there’s no one I can talk to about it but it’s going to be something to live with forever and as hard as it is I would rather face that challenge of surgery has to happen than to be where I was back then.

That is probably the main reason that scares me out of doing it.

I also tried putting $X amount away whenever I felt like getting a bag. The money I saved was ridiculous.

It’s hard to talk to family but forums like this make it easy to know you’re not alone and you can do it!

You have to want to do it for yourself!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE