How to break up with a violent cocaine addict, we have a Newborn together

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      margo
      Participant

Hi, i am hoping this forum and its readers could help me with some advice on my situation. I met my someone over a year ago and we quickly moved in together and I got pregnant. Once I did I got to found out he is having a drug addiction but not until late in my pregnancy I realised how actually bad it is to a point he stole my money to buy some, didn’t go work at times, pretty much abused my kindness to the extreme. He was telling me how he wants to change and how he is hoping the baby once born is going to help him change. I was stupid to wait all this time hoping his words are true but knowing he hasn’t lost contact with his drug addict friends I know his intentions to stop are not serious. I want to break up with him but I’m so scared he is going to start making drama for the baby who unfortunately changed nothing and he hasn’t done much for the baby and also towards the end perhaps when he realised I don’t care about him anymore he was violent especially at one time when I was really scared for my well being. Now I’m in a different country away from him but he is meant to join us later which I do not want to happen. I am hoping he wouldn’t want to come himself, hopefully he’ll meet someone etc but so far that’s not the case. Maybe someone has been in a similar situation, I do not want to anger him but I do not want to share my life with him anymore and I’m scared to tell him that. Thanks.

crystalvision
      Participant

You should make a plan unknown to him and just go. Find somewhere safe to stay for you and your child and notify the police so they’re aware. Ring the Domestic Violence helpline maybe.

You can tell him why etc once you’ve gone via text or email. If he’s in another country right now that should make things easier.

Cocaine is a horrible drug and causes extreme paranoia which can sometimes result in violence.

Be strong and safe, get away from him.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE