How to walk away from an addict

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gil
      Participant

I feel that the person I’m with is battling bad mental health problems and self medicating with cocaine and alcohol. Behaviour is irrational, promises the world then always lets us down. I love him but I know he doesn’t love me in the same way as it literally feels like he comes and goes on his terms, causes a row to score. Disappears for hours won’t answer calls and then ignores me for days, never an apology no sorry always me chasing and smoothing things over. He won’t get help for his mental health but continues on his cycle. Any advice would be welcome..

drained-and-tired
      Participant

I just want to say, I know exactly how you feel. Its tiring and draining. Its an endless battle.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Gil,

Thanks for posting. Yes what you are dealing with is really hard. If you would like some help please contact us at The Icarus Trust. We are a charity that offers support to people dealing with an addict in their family. We offer trained and experienced people you could talk to which might help you see a way ahead.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck with everything.

ygzr
      Participant

But the Icarus Trust website is VERY hard to reach. Very slow connection if you get any connection. It might be valuable to have a look at that. It doesn’t work for me although I would like to connect to them. Its impossible up till now. Two days trying.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE