Hubby

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      survivorofaddiction
      Participant

My story relates to my partner, who has battled addiction for half of his life. Gambling, weed, alcohol, heroin, crack and more. He has spent many years in prison and when he was out he was thieving, burgling, borrowing and robbing just to feed his habit. But the habit always got out of control and so he continued in his cycle. Since we have been together I have seen him go back to his old habits and go back on the crack and heroin around three times. All of these times he also ended back in jail the second time I lost my baby at 20 weeks and the third time he went back I was 7 months pregnant and in hospital. Yes like so many of you I have endured police raids, missing money, stress, threats, vandalism, police harrassment etc but now we are happy, we are settled, it is early days but I have hope. We have two boys and I hope this can keep him straight …

survivorofaddiction
      Participant

They will only change when they are ready

fifi65
      Participant

Just want to wish you and your family all the best for the future hun, you’re some woman to have stayed through all that, hope he stay’s on the straight for the sake of your little boys, so they can be proud of there Daddy : ) take my hat off to you, can’t of been easy, be happy Fee xx

twinkle
      Participant

Hi, I have just joined and after reading your story felt compelled to write, I have been with my husband 25 years, he has too battled with addiction for most of his life, he had been back on smack and crack twice but for the last 11 years been much more stable and things settled down nicely, then he got given some Valium which make him extremely unstable and we are off again with smack etc and this time I am finding it really really hard to cope with, oh yes it was bad other times but somehow coming out of the blue like it has is killing me

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE