Husband cheating drug test

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Carelsee
      Participant

Hi,

I appreciate any wisdom here. I asked my husband to take a test but he wouldn’t do it in front of me. Suspect cocaine use. Test was negative for any drugs. I still was suspicious as I feel in my heart he is using again. He isn’t behaving normally.

I later found a pot in the bathroom with some liquid in. Exact same smell and colour as the sample he gave me. Also found a small bag beside it that had some powdery residue in – they type of bag cocaine would come in. Very very very well hidden. I have ordered surface tests.

Online I see you can buy powder for artificial urine tests. I don’t know if the bag I found has residue of that, or drugs. If the bag is negative for drugs, can it be tested for synthetic urine?

Obviously this is the end for us, but the nature of things means that evidence will be very useful for me in protecting myself.

Appreciate any insights as I am in unknown territory here.

jamesb
      Participant

Hi mate, I hope you’re well.

It’s hard to give advice on specifically what you’re asking as of course there’s ways to get around it. A friend of mine got some to wee into a bottle and he kept it in his toilet hidden so he would pass tests when asked but ultimately for this this is besides the point.

If you are at the point of distrust where you are asking a partner to take tests and your partner is refusing to take them Infront of you then your relationship has become a game of cat and mouse.

For years I played the exact same game. Pleaded innocence and when disbelieved I played the victim. But when I was truly sober I was the one insisting let’s do a test come on I’ll show you.

Relationships of any kind are built on trust and addiction will strip a relationship of that trust. For an addict who is truthfully in recovery, after years of trying to convince people their lies are the truth the chance to prove without any doubt they are really sober by taking a test is something they would welcome.

I’m not saying he is using but I’m saying that as an addict in recovery, when I got sober I would take one at every chance to prove my sobriety.

I hope this helps

If you have any more questions let me know

Stay strong

James x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE