Husband is an addict

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      fait274
      Participant

Hi, I’m writing this cos I need to know I’m not the only person going through this shit. Been with my husband 21 years and hes now addicted to cocaine, hes always used it but since lockdown started and hes not been to work it’s got so bad. I’ve kicked him out as hes done nothing but lie even when he knows I know instantly hes been having it. Hes been hiding it in the house which I’ve found on numerous occasions.

He had 4 days off it the other week and I thought great were getting somewhere but then started sneaking it and lying untill I kicked him out. We have 5 children together 3 of them are in there teens but the other 2 are only young. Hes reached out and actually got help but I do not think he wants to stop.

I’m absolutely heartbroken as I love him so much but I literally dont know what to do. Hes still using now, he turns into a different man when hes had it, hes on top of the world and to me seems like he couldnt give a shit about his family. It’s an absolute horrendous time.

donthaveaclue
      Participant

I empathise as my partner started off recreational use that I became aware of and then progressed to a regular habit. Since lockdown it has gone out of control… it’s literally like living in a movie or something.

Mine is only nice to me when high and even then he is not always that nice. The rest of the time he is very Jekyll and Hyde and I walk on eggshells.

xxshortyxx
      Participant

I can completely understand. Lockdown has played a huge part on it all but it’s still no excuse in my eyes. I’ve only managed 9 years of the chaos have 2 beautiful boys and on the edge of leaving their dad because I cannot mentally cope anymore.

fait274
      Participant

I totally agree, lockdown isnt an excuse, he thinks every day is a weekend. He was supposed to go back to work today but has gone on the sick.

I rang a place for help for him 4 week ago and they still havent been in touch, he really does want help but I suppose actions speak louder than words.

He cant even get out of bed unless hes had a line it’s awful!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE