Husband is an addict and I feel so alone

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      soopysayles
      Participant

I believe my husband is addicted to opiates, z drugs and diazapam, I say I believe as I have not seen the drugs only the effects of them, he was on a bender this weekend I believe he took a mixture of z drugs and diazapam, he was slurring and forgetting what he was doing, yesterday (Monday) he woke up very confused and unable to function meaning I ended up calling in sick for him, the ‘come down’ makes him very aggressive towards me and occasionally towards our son who is 5, I then get texts at work asking for help, which I offer but he then becomes very hostile towards me, I just don’t know what to do, as for the opiates I generally only see this in him as pin prick eyes and then the withdrawal when he is waiting for delivery, I have opened up about this to a couple of friends but they are pretty sick of hearing the same thing from me and just tell me to leave /kick him out which I really struggle with the idea of doing, he is also bi polar and is very high functioning generally but as the addiction gets worse he is less able to function, I’m so lonely because I cannot talk to anyone about this, my mental health is being affected and I really don’t know what to do

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE