Husband started taking heroin 5 years ago now on prescription meth

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      lily2424
      Participant

Hey everyone hope your all okay. I am too in a very similar situation my husband use to be into gym and use to work hard. He claims a family member got him to use heroin because he needed someone to smoke with. It’s ruined my life and his. It’s made feel alone I just want to cry every day. I have an autistic son to think about not his habit. His been dealing with it on and off for nearly 5 years. His on prescribed methadone but ends up missing doses then needs money of me to score it’s getting ridiculously expensive and unaffordable. It’s ripping me apart. His in a such state sometimes that it’s physically out of my hands wish he could go to rehab we just cannot afford it. It’s an evil drug and who ever made it available to use I wish them hell. Till this day I am battling it with him I pray to god it all goes away but I can’t seem to see any light from it yet. ????

esta
      Participant

I did read a post where someone who was taking prescription meds contemplated using heroin as it was easier to get hold of.

Someone replied “please don’t if you think meds have ruined your life; Heroin will annihilate it.”

lily2424
        Participant

I really appreciate it my love just this bit of support really helps get you through ❤️

carlb
        Participant

Hi I am sorry to read your situation. I am a addict who has been through meth and am now on espranor (subutex). There are some great services available to people in this situation and the best advice would be to switch to subutex…it acts as an inhibitor and the longer you are on it the more it takes the cravings and eventually even the thoughts about using. Speak to the meth clinic and they can arrange it.

Subutex is a replacement used for quick treatment with the plan to reduce until it is stopped in a short time span. Unlike methadone which most people abuse at the same time as heroin.

I am 18 months clean and I hope your partner can beat this…it ruined my life and I am never going to be the person I was before.

All the best.

esta
          Participant

You deserve goodness in your life that your future now holds

lily2424
      Participant

esta
      Participant

step back and look at the bigger picture of what is happening.

hard when you are stuck in the middle of it all and you are exhausted keeping everything together.

You may find the picture is bigger than you realised and there are things you didn’t already see and this may help you to move on.

Or you may find a path through together.

Don’t be scared of change; it usually brings something better Follow your intuition

lily2424
        Participant

Thank you so much for your kind and understanding words it really means a lot to me I will definitely remember what you have stated. I feel I can take a positive step with gods grace ❤️????????With your supportive words. Made me feel a lot better ❤️ Thank you god bless you and keep you safe and happy at all times ❤️????

esta
      Participant

I totally understand where you are coming from and what you are going through.

Sometimes our kindness is used against us.

When you give selflessly it is hard to believe the person you love could hurt and lie to you

there comes that point when you realise you can’t and won’t take anymore

lily2424
        Participant

Thank you darling ????????❤️

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Lily. Thanks for posting and sharing your story. I’, sad for you that your husband’s addiction has made you feel so alone and am glad that you have found some support on this forum. If you would like more help please contact us at Icarus Trust. We are a charity that offers support to people in your situation as we know how difficult this can be.

If you contact us one of our Family Friends will be in touch. They are our experienced trained people who would listen and try to help you find a way ahead. They will also let you know what other help is available for you and maybe your husband too.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrst.org

Good luck with everything.

lily2424
        Participant

Hello Icarus thank you so much for responding to myself. I will definitely take some time out to contact you. Will have a look on your website. Yes reaching out really has helped me elevate the loneliness knowing I am not on my own with this. You really don’t no who to turn to. You end up closing it all up. I really appreciate your help. Thank you once again

esta
      Participant

How are you doing?

I am hoping you are okay?

carlb
        Participant

Thanks for your kind words.

esta
          Participant

I know it’s not easy you should be so proud of yourself

Life can change and change is good

Live a good life

none of us know what tomorrow will bring

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE