Husband’s drinking

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      atwitsend
      Participant

My husband drinks every evening and I think probably has for the best part of 30 years. It’s got worse since the pandemic he’s drinking anywhere between 14-20 units a night. I’m obviously worried about his health. He doesn’t want to stop and admit there’s a problem so therapy’s not an option. I just wondered how you live with it fortunately he’s not abusive and I leave him to it but it can’t be doing him good.

He had a blood test recently which was sky high for his liver apparently and then had another one last month where apparently the levels have dropped. The dr wants him to have another in 3 months so I’m a bit suspicious he’s not being honest as all he’s said is that they’re checking he’s not diabetic. Would you be suspicious too? I’m not able to hear the conversations as it’s all over the phone. I just wondered what signs I should look out for if he has liver disease so I can get him help.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Thanks for posting. Sorry that you are so worried about your husband’s drinking.

I work for a charity called Icarus Trust. we offer help to people dealing with addiction in their family. We have specially trained and experienced Family Friends, one of whom would talk with you if you get in touch. May be talking with some one who understands what you are going through will help to answer some of your questions.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE