I blame myself

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bella2210
      Participant

I have been with my partner for 13 years, he was a crack/heroin addict when we met, he sorted himself out and got clean, bagged himself a great job and turned his life around.

Recently he relapsed – things weren’t going great in our relationship, he was drinking and taking cocaine more often but he’s now back on crack and possibly heroin. He has moved in with his mum and is keeping his job by the skin of his teeth but they are noticing changes in him.

He messages me occasionally saying he wants to sort things out and I build up hope only to be let down. He has sold his gold chain, ps4, sat nav and made our joint account £1500 overdrawn.. that’s only what I know of!

I asked if he wants me to leave him alone he said yes until he sorts himself out but it’s so hard, I just want to shake him. He’s going to lose everything and he can’t see it.

Because we were going through difficult times I blame myself for the whole situation, it’s the most soul destroying feeling. I just can’t cope with it all. If it wasn’t for our son I don’t think I could function everyday.

lorry321
      Participant

Hi Bella, glad you have reached out for support, we are all in the same boat here, struggling with our loved ones addiction.

I’m feeling so sad and low today just like you.

My loved one is my daughter, she also can’t see how she is losing everything in her life.

I hope you can stay strong and put your son first ???? enjoy him and give him as much love as you can ❤

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE