I don’t know what to do.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      sleeping-beauty
      Participant

My partner of 12 years has increasingly become dependant on prescription and over the counter drugs – namely co-codamol 30/500 – 4 doses a day, every day, which she tops up with over the counter pain relief containing codeine. She also gets diazepam from somewhere although I don’t know how much or how often. She flat out denies taking anything extra than that prescribed by the doctor but is falling asleep all the time. I don’t know how to help or how to get her to want help or even admit what she’s doing. Is it usual for someone to be so convincing in their denials. It breaks my heart to see her like this.

icarus-trust
      Participant

I’m sorry to read of your partner’s problems with prescription drugs. If you would like some help please contact us at Icarus Trust as we are a charity that offers support to people dealing with addiction in their family. We have trained and experienced people called Family Friends, and if you get in touch, one of them would contact you and hopefully help to answer some of your questions as well as letting you know what other help is available.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best to you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE