I feel alone

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Warhammer2001
      Participant

Hi,

Me and my partner have been together now for a year and a half. he is like me but a male form minus the drug addiction. he refers to himself as a ‘high-functioning’ addict, he’s been trying to get clean over the last year and a half however has struggled due to either not being able to find support or knowing where to start. I have been with him through all of the ups and downs and have bailed him out no end of times. As of recently he has been getting support from a former addict who is 2 years sober, he’s been going to AA meetings which he has said have helped a lot and he no longer feels alone. however he is now going through all of the withdrawals (and although i have been through all of this before) it is still difficult and i feel so alone with nobody to talk to. I am scared of judgment from my family and i have no real close friends that understand my situation. I got a call from my partner this evening telling me he’s not going to be working a lot as he has been deemed ‘unreliable’ as he’s in the sleep stage of his withdrawals and cant seem to stop sleeping. This has caused me to non stop cry as i know what is coming. The depression of not having any money and pressure from his dad to help pay for the house he stays in. I’m so worried i’m going to get a call telling me he has been found dead or has passed away. I don’t make a a lot of money as i’m a student and part time bartender. I miss the days where we used to go out for regular date nights or for meals with his friends. I know he wants to get better and hes demonstrated all of the actions to wanting to get better. I just feel so neglected and alone in the process with nobody to talk to. Im so sorry for any spelling mistakes and that ive rambled

xoxo

<span style=”color: #222222; font-family: Arial, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 12pt;”>Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support program is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will </span>endeavor<span style=”font-size: 12pt;”> to respond within 24 hours. </span></span><span style=”font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #1155cc;”>https://adaptoxford.org.uk/<wbr />the-icarus-programme/</span>

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE