I feel so alone

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      larouge
      Participant

I feel so scared and alone.  I’m a single mum. My son is 22 and is addicted to benzodiazepines – I’ve been turning a blind eye thinking it was a faze he was going through.  Last month I was giving him CPR whilst waiting for the paramedics to get here.

I can’t express the pain that we are going through – to watch your son slowly kill himself is something I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

I have never felt more alone or helpless- I just need some support – I don’t know what to say but I’m so scared, lonely, guilty – I just want my son to be ok.

Lozzy80
      Participant

Hi larouge

My heart goes out to you. Must have been terrifying giving cpr to your son. Is he now getting help following this ?

Do you have any friends or family to talk to, it really helps to be able to off load…we often don’t confide in others through fear of judgement but we really shouldn’t ..so many are going through it

This forum has been a huge support so sharing hear does help and it’s been a big stepping stone for me personally in seeking professional help i.e. counseling (surprisingly accepted by NHS quite quickly via self referral to my local MH service) to help me get past feeling helpless and stuck with my own current situation. It won’t make the problems for our loved ones go away, but I am hoping counselling makes me stronger.. it might be something to consider especially after that traumatic experience.we have to look after ourselves before we can help anyone else xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE