I feel so helpless

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      r7byrne
      Participant

I’d never thought I’d find myself here, my partner is the drinker. He’d always liked a drink but in a social fun way, always the life and soul of the party. Always made people feel welcomed and such a likeable person.

Last year his Dad died, he turned to drink to cope with this. My partner hide it for a while but he started to drink a little at work and one morning in early February I caught him drinking at 6 in the morning. I said to him that he’s on a slippery slope and that he needed to stop before something bad happened. A couple of hours after we had that chat a proper heart to heart he went to the shop and on his way back he drank neat vodka straight from the bottle then hide it in our bin outside, I only knew this as I watched him walk up our drive, it literally broke my heart.

That was just the start of the lies and secrets

Its gotten that bad now last month me and my daughter had to move out of our family home, heartbreaking to do that but I had to for my daughters sake and I couldn’t handle the drinking anymore.

I pray for my partner and it’s so hard to see him cry and asking me to help him when there is nothing I can do but just be there to listen as he’s got to want the help to change his life around.

Life with addicts is one of the hardest things you can ever do.

I do wonder if there is anything I’m not doing that maybe I could.?

Thank you for reading

Bless you all that are struggling x x

dfh
      Participant

Here is a great source of help and reassurance. Xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE