I honestly don’t know what to do anymore I’m broken

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gil
      Participant

My boyfriend is clearly on another binge. And I just don’t know what to do anymore I feel broken. I sympathise and empty promises. He avoids me as if he doesn’t care. Then I have apologies and sorry and then he disappeared again this afternoon/evening.

I feel like it’s me. I’ve asked him out right he says nothing up and then disappears.

danman83
      Participant

Are you the person who was saying your bf has no1 else? Im trying to remember if you are?

gil
      Participant

Hi Danman83,

no I’ve posted a few times. Various things drinking and binges. The constant cycle.

His actions are so hurtful. I have regret apologies. I’ve needed him more than ever this week and he’s let me down. And instead disappears.

It’s cruel, he ignores me. I can’t get my head around when he’s in this bubble he doesn’t think of anything else!! It’s sad, upsetting cruel and torture for me.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Gil,

So sorry to hear that things are still so difficult for you.

Just a reminder that The Icarus Trust may be able to help. we are a charity that offers support to people dealing with a partner’s addiction.

Please contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best to you.

danman83
      Participant

How is he now is he still doing it? Sorry for.the late reply.. have you tried saying to him.. he either sorts himself out and gets help.. or your moving on?

gil
      Participant

Hi dan, we’ve had an emotional week to say the least! He’s in cycle weekly now of dissapearing which was once every three weeks. He talks a good show promises loads and then just walks retreats to parents. Almost like emotional detachment.

He says he will do X Y Z but never follows through. It’s draining!

Any suggestions?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE