I need advice on how to help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      clare1807
      Participant

Hi,

I’m going to try and keep this as short as I can but apologies if I fail.

My husband is addicted to cocaine. We have been together for 20 years and took cocaine socially and pretty rarely in the early years. However, it has been a massive problem now for approx 5 years, although there has been times when he’s managed to stay away from it for a few months at a time.

He knows he has a problem he openly admits this to me. He also desperately wants to stop…but hasn’t been able to do so.

He wants me to help him but I don’t know how really.

We have our own business and have plans to buy our own house and upgrade our lives, once the business is in a position to provide this but we are getting nowhere financially and basically working 5 days a weeks with all the stresses of running a business, but we are no better off because of the cocaine.

I’ve been wracking my brains on what I can do to help and thought about sitting together and putting a plan on paper for what our goals are and how soon we could realistically achieve this, if things were to change, so he can better visualise the life he could have and the one he really wants. My worry though is that this could be totally the wrong thing to do and possibly make him worse.

I know this alone is not going to solve things and make him better, but if anyone could offer some advice as to whether this would be a positive step (or not) I would be so grateful.

Thanks

eddie123
      Participant

Sorry to hear you are going through this, I’d really like to support you – adapt ( an addictions charity in oxford) have a family programme which you can make a referral too to receive on going support https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

clare1807
      Participant

@Eddie123

Apologies for the delay in response, I have been unwell.

Thank you for providing me with some direction, I will take a look at the website today.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE