I need support too.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      blue-butterfly
      Participant

My partner of 14 years is an alcoholic. She always liked a drink…famous last words…but over the last 9 months its out of control, shes out of control. She began treatment for depression and the heavy drinking began. We have been through 2 fitting episodes and one 3 week stay in intensive care due to DT’s. She says she wants to stop…probably why she keeps going through bad withdrawals however I cant understand why she drinks again, as soon as she can. She spends all her money, then helps herself to my money and emptying the joint account. This month she could pay her half of the mortgage. I cant afford to keep paying it on my own, Im scared we’ll loose our home in the long run.Her family don’t want to know her while she is always drunk, which is making the depression worse…around and around we go. I am completely on my own dealing with this. there is no let up. one minute she’s fine, quite happy and calm, the next she downed a bottle and unable to speak. My fear is that I am going to arrive home to find her dead. I cant tell you how many times she has fallen down the stairs and bruised her face and body..she never remembers doing it. She used to fall asleep when drunk, now she is verbally abusive and her memory is getting worse. Forgetting things or asking the same thing over and over. Im so sorry…you all have your own problems, I just feel i need to scream out loud that I need help. All my energy goes into making sure she is alive, that she eats and drinks water. and working a 50 hour week too. Thank god there isnt any children involved. Is there any ‘chatroom’ types for families of alcoholics? just somewhere we can vent and for someone to say your not alone…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE