I want out

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      michelle
      Participant

I have been with my partner for 4 & a half years & hes always drank but I never knew to what extent until we started living together. We have a 2 & a half year old which he was desperate for us to have but he knew it wasn’t what I wanted because of the problems we’d had with his drinking but I hoped this would make him change, it didn’t! I’ve tried to leave him so many times but he’s so manipulating & constantly guilt trips me threatening to kill himself & always promises to change but never has & I know he never will. We stopped living together 2 years ago & he got his own flat as we would argue & fight nearly every weekend when he’s drinking gets worse as he’ll start drinking in the morning which he knows I hate so he’ll hide the cans all round the house & thinks I don’t notice but his mood & behaviour change when he’s drinking. He drinks at least 10 cans every weeknight but doesn’t see it as a problem as he’s holding down a job but come the weekends he drinks a lot more & that’s when things get worse. I know I’m wasting my life with a man who clearly doesn’t care about how I feel he’s been abusive to me in the past, he’s stole from me & always lies to me & I know I deserve better & so does my daughter but it’s so hard to cut all ties with him because of our daughter & because he just hounds me until I give in! All I want is to be happy & not have to walk on eggshells & constantly been lied to so why can’t I just walk away & keep him out of my life? I fail every time I try.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE