I’m so proud

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      lilgunner
      Participant

A good friend of mine is going into rehab today, he stopped using on 3rd August and hasn’t used since then. He has come such a long way and I’m so proud of him. I decided to hold off communication with him until he comes out as I genuinely believe he needs to fully concentrate on the next 8 weeks without any disruption, find peace within himself and grow from strength to strength.

It’s been so lovely speaking with him over the last couple of weeks, even though a couple of days ago he had a wobble and was in a bad mood, which is just part of the process. I’m so proud of him.

2 years ago today I had a tattoo done (before I knew of his problems) which came up on my timeline on Facebook. I’ve lost loved ones to drink and drugs and mental health is something close to my heart… I feel like it’s an omen…

The tattoo is a girl with a semicolon (;) balloon

(;) used as a message, recognition, affirmation and solidarity against suicide, depression, addiction, self injury and all mental health issues

A semicolon tattoo is a tattoo of the semicolon punctuation mark (;) used as a message, recognition, affirmation and solidarity against suicide, depression, addiction, self injury and all mental health issues.

The semicolon is used when an author could’ve chosen to end their sentence but chose not to. The author is you, and the sentence is your life.

Through the semicolon symbol many related to the struggle of depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide and their will to continue and to believe that this is not the end but a new beginning.

X

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE