Is it a genuine addiction?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      kent89
      Participant

My partner of 11 years has become the most disgusting person. I love him but hate his guts for the things he puts our family through. It’s only the past year or so he has slowly started to admit he has a problem. He doesn’t use every week… the cycle normally goes something like… 3 weeks of staying home , working hard, being a good partner/father, to then seeing friends and having a week long binge where he will stay out and continuously drink/sniff and ignore my calls. The past few times when he comes crawling home it’s ‘I have a problem I will get help’…hasn’t happened… last time I nagged every day ‘have you made the call’…. He didn’t… but as he was back on his ‘good’ part of the cycle I gave him benefit of the doubt and thought maybe this is it.. he’s keeping his head down and doing it off his own back. Then he sees his friends and bang, we have the 4 day bender.

Does this still count as addiction?? Or is addiction when they need it to function … I struggle with understanding as I barely drink and absolutely detest drugs. Am I wrong when I tell him he needs to ditch his friends of 20 years? Because all they ever do around each other is drink/drugs/gamble… I don’t know which way to turn anymore.. I try so hard to keep my family together but I know that there is a better life out there

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE