Isolated hopeless and useless

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      feeling-useless
      Participant

This is really new to me but I need help. My husband has had a cocain addiction for a while. I have supported him to get help and finally I said he needs to stop enough is enough I am pregnant and have a 2 year old so I don’t want my kids exposed to.it. he has reached out for help and has been offered help but he is not taking it. When I confront him about it he gets very defensive and says I have a problem it won’t go away over night and says he has asked for help. He says he wants to stop but when he goes out it’s like he can’t leave the house unless he goes to.work without touching it. I love my husband dearly and unconditionally but I just don’t know what to do anymore. I can’t speak to friends or family as I don’t want them thinking any less of him. Just feel so very stuck lonely and useless and don’t know what to do anymore.

jadeem
      Participant

So sorry you’re going through this.

Unfortunately they always make out we have a problem or are acting out when really it’s only because of the things they do!

What help has he been offered? My partner is currently doing CA meetings and they seam to be helping change his mindset.

Stay strong x

annie09
      Participant

Hi,

I’m in a similar situation. My partner has had an addiction for 10 plus years.

He needs to admit he has a problem, and it sounds like he may just be saying that but not really believing it.

At the moment he still has a loving wife, children, a job, home etc. I think sometimes people need to lose it all to see how extreme their problem is, and unfortunately it’s only a matter of time before that happens.

I know how hard it is to love someone so much and see them have this other personality because of drugs.

You need to talk to family, someone non judgemental. He is ill and it sounds like hes fighting with himself. But you need to keep yourself sane and once people know, more people can help and support and may suggest things you didnt think of. I also think CA is brilliant and has saved so many lives

I hope he gets the help he needs x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE