jenny

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jenny270481
      Participant

My partner has a drink and gambling problem. I have 2 children one with anxiety which is making it harder. His drinking is getting better but he is still drinking but not getting drunk like he he did before. Tried to commit suicide on 3 occasions and now I am at breaking point. I hate him being near me and I just want to leave but my son is making it harder

cherry54
      Participant

Its an awful situation to be in my mother in law is currently drinking a bottle of vodka a day she doesnt eat anything it is such a worry. Unfortunately we have tryed everything to get her better but they have to want it themselves medical staff have told us no matter what we do to try and help if she doesnt want to chamge nothing will work. I suffer really bad anxiety and all the stress of this has a big impact on my health. Sometimes you have to put yourself and children first and do what is best for you.

jenny270481
      Participant

My son suffers from Anxiety also. He is finding it hard. He has stopped for a couple of weeks now getting worse. He does not drink through the week unless he is off. Will not get help either. You can only keep teying as you love them

cherry54
      Participant

Thats all you can do is try and hope that they relise the need help or want it. Its so hard as a carer and mentally draining there is only so much you can do if they not willing to help themselves

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE