Just need advice please

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      newstart23
      Participant

<p style=”margin: 0px 0px 1rem; font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; color: #183264; vertical-align: baseline; font-size: 18px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: none; overflow-wrap: break-word; caret-color: #183264; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>Hi, I need some advice I am / was living with a man who is I believe addicted to cocaine, alcohol and has become aggressive, also messaging woman and has an extensive history of cheating on his previous long term relationships.
      he has manipulated my mind and used the genuine love I had. For him to his own gain</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0px; font-family: Roboto, sans-serif; color: #183264; vertical-align: baseline; font-size: 18px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px; border-style: none; overflow-wrap: break-word; caret-color: #183264; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;”>I don’t know how to break free</p>

ChristineMorgans
      Participant

My daughter is addicted to codeine,alcohol,and buying on line. She is in debt. She has four dogs including a new puppy and a cat.Her home is a tip, and a toilet for the animals. But she is personally clean and keeps her son clean, well fed but totally indulged.She sleeps all day except for her working hours. She has in the past self harmed and has eating disorders. She is now in crisis because her partner and enabler has left. She has a good job and manages that ok. She has a 10 year old son who is struggling also. His Dad has left and his Mum is in a comatose condition quite often. I have told the school I will be taking over his care, and we will work together to help him. I have now taken charge have arranged private detox and 1 months care in a private facility. She is a lovely person who will help anyone, she is kind and caring but has turned into person I do not recognise. I am at my wits end, does anyone out there have any advice or positive experiences to help me through. Thank you

workoutpartner
      Participant

My partner (male) is an alcoholic depressive, with each causing the other. This week I’ve caught him arranging sex with other men online (not that he can go), transferring money to men to pay for online sessions (which he cannot log into) and has generally been abusive, rude, demeaning to me all week, despite my missing work meetings and other commitments to care for him. This the latest episode in the last 18 months, with four bouts of this ending in hospitalisation that I can barely afford. He mostly recently came out of hospital and is now on a course of antidepressants which he recognises as being the right thing to do, but Monday he drank for the first time in around five weeks, and drank heavily whilst on a zoom call with his best friend. This morphed into a 24-hour bender where he drank a bottle of brandy and a bottle of amaretto which he had hidden in the house (I had already removed all other alcohol weeks ago).  This developed into ketoacidosis for the first time, as the smell is strong and unmistakeable, but he won’t take advice, or see a doctor or go to the hospital. He’s just had two days severerly drugged-up and but today asked for wine and threatened to throw himself down the hill (our house is high up) if I didn’t give it to him. He’s already fallen over three times this week and injured his face and back so I cannot take any chances. I give him watered down wine as I cannot take the abuse anymore if I try to control it. The sad thing is, I’ve been here several times before and nothing changes.  I always give him what he wants (watered) and I feel like I’m failing him in his care. I’m told frequently by him that I’m not doing enough to care for him, despite making three meals a day, changing the bed daily because he’s wet the bed, doing two loads of washing of his clothes for the sam reason, and lying to our friends as to why he can’t see them or we’re cancelling arrangements to meet.   The ketoacidosis I feel is worse than just a passing/temporary condition, but he won’t allow me to get any help.  I need help and I’m sinking.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE