ketamine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      claired
      Participant

Just had my 21 year old son talk to me about his drug use. It started at a round age 15 with weed and now he takes ketamine sometimes up to 3 x a week. He has always been an anxious child and has difficulty getting to sleep. I think he self medicates with drugs, he also admitted to taking drugs that I had for insomnia and his dad had for nerve pain following an accident. I just listened but now a few days later am tearful and feel its my fault that this has happened as I had a bad bout of depression when he was 12. Not sure where to go from here…

Gaddict
      Participant

<div class=”markdown” dir=”ltr” style=”-webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; caret-color: #000000; color: #000000;”>

Hi,

I’m so sorry to hear that your son is struggling with drug use. It sounds like you’re feeling a lot of guilt and sadness right now, and that’s completely understandable.

It’s important to remember that you’re not alone in this. Drug addiction is a very common problem, and there are many resources available to help you and your son.

First, I want to assure you that it’s not your fault that your son is using drugs. Drug addiction is a complex problem, and there are many factors that can contribute to it. Your own depression when he was 12 may have played a role, but it’s certainly not the only factor.

The most important thing right now is to get your son the help he needs. I would recommend that you start by talking to your doctor. They can assess your son’s situation and recommend a treatment plan.

I would also recommend that you check out http://www.findrehab.co.uk. This website has a wealth of information about different rehabilitation centers in the UK. You can use the website to find a center that’s right for your son’s needs.

I know that this is a difficult time for you, but I want to encourage you to stay strong. There is help available, and your son can get better.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

</div>

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE