Ketamine addiction

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      looking4hope
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum so thank you in advance for reading. I don’t know where else to turn for support.

My boyfriend of 2 years is addicted to ketamine. First and foremost, he is a great guy- loving, kind, sociable, and motivated. From the outside it’s hard to tell that anything is wrong.

Around 6 months ago I noticed on one occasion his behaviour was off and when probed he admitted that he was high. He said it was just occasional recreational use and I didn’t think too much of it.

Fast forward to now, covid lockdown leading him to lose his job and some family issues emerging that I know is causing him a lot of distress. In the past week I caught him snorting ketamine twice. Seems that he will go through periods when he’s off completely then back on as frequent as every other day when he’s stressed.

I’m tired of the lies. I don’t know much about addiction but I’m worried of his physical and mental health. He hides it well so I don’t know how to trust his word. I am a meticulous person so when I ask him too many questions, he becomes irritable.

He has spoken to a pastor about possible rehab. We ordered a home testing kit and agreed I can test him if there is any suspicion. However, he won’t speak with a medical professional or therapist about his underlying issues.

What else can we do? I feel like I can’t speak with any of my friends or family about this and must shoulder this burden alone. How can I learn to trust him again?

icarus-trust
      Participant

Thank you for sharing your story.

I’m sorry that you are not able to speak about your boyfriend’s addiction with your family and friends. I imagine that must feel quite lonely.

If you feel that it would be helpful to talk with people who would understand what you are dealing with please contact us at The Icarus Trust.

We are a charity set up to support those people, like yourself who are affected by a partner’s addiction, as we know how hard this is.

If you contact us I can put you in touch with one of our trained people called Family Friends. They have lots of experience and talking with one of them might help you to find a way forward.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best to you.

looking4hope
      Participant

Thanks for sharing the contact. Do you have any similar resources based in Canada? Please help. I caught my boyfriend lying to me again about his whereabouts and buying more drugs behind my back.

I’m tired of the lies. I still love him and want him to get better but I can’t take it anymore and I want to leave this relationship. Does that make me selfish?

I cry every night thinking about this and I just wish the pain would end. Please can anyone help?

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi,

If you contact us you would be able to speak with one of our people on line if that’s of any help to you.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE