Ketamine withdrawal

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      georgie1410
      Participant

Hi my 21yr old son started taking ketamine at uni and quickly became addicted. He has recently started to take 2cb for ketamine withdrawal which i know nothing about. I’m trying to educate myself on microdosing and psychedelics which seem to be showing promising results for addiction – but I know he has no idea what he is doing and is replacing one drug for another. Can anyone advise?

toni22
      Participant

Hello, I looked into this myself and research in America shows amazing results with micro dosing mushrooms, 2CB is not a natural drug so can still cause problems later down the line, try and keep him away from ketamine I’m 22 and I’m now in constant pain in my bladder and I use the toilet 20+ times a day, people aren’t educated enough about theese problems.

Hope he finds something that can help, maybe something Canibis or CBD based as these are also natural 🙂

georgie1410
      Participant

Thanks Toni – that’s really helpful. He’s moved back home and has been off ket for a few weeks. He understands the dangers to the bladder and we have discussed mushrooms – but where to start? I wish there was some professional help out there to guide and advice re micro dosing – and why not legalise? Alcohol is just as bad and he seems to get anxious on cannabis…x

lolarose
      Participant

Shrooms would be ideal for microdosing – however it is swapping one drug reliance for another

Ketamine addiction is primarily developed over seeking the most escapism, wanting out of your reality, routine, day and consciousness for a short while. Its cheap, light in its comedown and very socially accepted within most universities, so its quickly able to take over someones life, with little attention caused.

I overcame my ketamine addiction with the use of a more holistic approach; after my friends called an intervention, i slowly began improving my relationship with myself esteem, friends, family, work and uni aspects. I started leaving the house more, even just for a walk. my friends were so supportive in getting me back to being excited for old hobbies like movies and food, – when i was taking ket i wouldnt eat at all. When i strengthened these bonds i knew i would sacrifice too much if i started taking it again, and to be honest completely escaping out of reality for a bit just wasnt the priority anymore, it put me in a much better place from when i started uni and started taking ket.

Addiction sheds light on various factors, but for young students adopting addiction over a university period, factors like social anxiety, self-esteem, stress, overthinking, etc are of major importance. its much easier to be in your room completely out of it, then forcefully social and feeling vulnerable. if they are unable to adjust to these connections just yet, microdosing shrooms can very well help an individual stop relying on the dissociation of ketamine and to the connections caused by shrooms, but soon this should be replaced with non-substance based activities, bonding experiences etc.

Only speaking from experience, i hope this helps!

joantucker
      Participant

If the drug you are trying to cure him of addiction does not help, try CBD Oil or THC products https://www.tillmanstranquils.com/product-category/delta-8/ when my friend quit cocaine in this way. Therefore, maybe it will help your son, but I don’t promise that everything can get. But I would advise you to read more about SIF on the Internet. There may be cases that people have escaped from heavy drugs by switching to SIF or THC products. Well, so that you understand, it’s all in marijuana, and as you know, marijuana does not have an addiction. That is, CBD does not cause addiction in humans. I wish you good luck in your fight!

georgie1410
      Participant

He is still addicted to ketamine – but he has a therapist. She doesnt seem to help much and when I confront him he says I am a stress trigger and make it worse. I dont think I can help anymore and he is moving to do his MA at the weekend. I may talk to him about the shrooms when he has left – but where would he get access to these and would it be legal?

CBD, Weed – dont work for him.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE