Lapsed again after 4 week.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      danman83
      Participant

Soo.. bank holiday sunday comes and i decided to go out. Big mistake and i new it was, and i got some coke. I feel absolutely gutted again. I feel really down from it now. Why do i do this.. back to basics again.

hox
      Participant

You know these bank holidays can cause havoc just the same as parties and any other celebrations. Come on Dan, we know you will feel gutted but we can learn from this. You do so well and give support to so many off us.

danman83
      Participant

Thanks hox. I new when i decided to go out it was a bad decision. Feel gutted now tho

dnanon
      Participant

Hi Danman, so you have been here before. Just do what you do to pick yourself up and get back on track. Each time it’s just a one off and it makes you feel s–t. Again don’t get too down on yourself. Turn it around and as you said get back to basics again. Think of that holiday to Turkey and keep focussed. How long is it off now?

Just to throw you a positive I have seen my son a couple of times now and had some hugs. Not seeing or speaking to him as often as I would like but it’s a massive improvement. Your advice has helped me hang in there and your advice helps so many others on this forum. You make sure you keep talking to your mum too. There is another bank holiday in May coming up – is there any way that you could prepare yourself so you avoid another relapse?

danman83
      Participant

Its 2 month today till turkey.. so thats my target nowt.. 2 month without it.. i said to my gf? Can we not go out now for the rest of the year, and if we do.. just do it with the kids and shes happy with that.

I still feel like crap.

And thats great news with your son. Im happy for you.

And the next bank holiday ill just be doing something with the kids. I cant cope with these hangovers and how i feel the next week. Thanks for being supportive it means alot.

hox
        Participant

I think that’s the right way to go, outings with the kids and gf only and no alcohol of course.

Have you thought about hypnotism?

I was hypnotised to not like the taste of chocolate. It worked but only on Cadbury’s chocolate as that was the type that I was focusing on at the time. This was about two years ago and I still can’t bring myself to eat it.

danman83
      Participant

I tried it 2 years ago… but the woman wanted to do cognetive therapy with me instead.. basically it was 10 sessions for 40quid.. she just didnt want to do it? And wanted my money i think.

But i was thinking the other day about it. Im going to try again i think.

hox
        Participant

It’s worth a try Dan. It worked on me.

danman83
      Participant

40 quid.. each session i was ment to say.

danman83
      Participant

I will do after my hol.. i need to.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE