Last resort

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      clowe
      Participant

Ok , my story is a long one, but everyones sake will cut it short, basically my parents have been weekend binge drinkers all my life, I am 45 my sister is 49…. my mum had a brain tumour when she was 43 and left her with Epilepsy and short term memory loss, my dad then became her full time carer, and slowly over the yrs the drinking became more frequent, I have to say my mum is an aggressive drunk.. anyway 5 yrs ago my father passed away with cancer and now my mum lives alone, My sister and I live abroad.. visiting as often as we can. she has carers going in every day.. since my dad died the drinking has become a necessity.. but over the last few months its terrible, now she has been intoxicated for at least a month, how she is managing to get to a shop and buy her daily bottle of whiskey is beyond me.. we have tried to help her, the she has been in and out of hospital with injuries from falling being drunk, she is 72 and is on serious medication for epilepsy and depression and still insists that she does NOT have a drinking problem.. can anyone out there have advice on how to treat her, talk to her , help her….

clowe
      Participant

why do we always blame ourselves for other peoples problems.. the guilt its tearing us to pieces…then the anger does anyone have these horrible feeling of guilt and anger

I don’t know what to say apart from I read it feel in hell myself but want you to know that someone is listening even if they don’t know what to do, read my blog called happening now don’t know if we can help each other at the moment but maybe we can get stronger from it

rock
      Participant

You are in my thoughts. I am new to the site and just posted a blog about my mum. I am 21 years old and I have recently learnt that mum was not willing to stop drinking until she had a massive shock. I have done many things over the years and one saying sticks in my mind (mum will agree now) “you can’t help someone who is not willing to help themselves.” I wish you all the best x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE