Letting go

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sherry
      Participant

My daughter Lisa has been using heroin for 20years ..

I have had 20 years of hell trying to help her .. I have asked her to leave so Lisa is now homeless .

I love her so much and this pain won’t go away I feel it everyday .

I’m nearly 60 I can know longer cope with her addiction ..

The guilty is all consuming .

Help me please .

Participant

My son is 30 and he sleeping on floors at a mates as the stealing is getting worse he smokes drugs and iv had it for 17 years and like you I’m broken financially and emotionally and feel so bad my marriage to his step dad is a mess and he dosnt want it anymore and I won’t turn my back on my son completely so I do feel your pain . I like you feel lonley as no one can help. I want to run away but it dosnt go away no matter where u are day or night. U are not alone but u feel it. I hope just talking like this helps a bit

cherrywidow
      Participant

Understand the guilt completely, is the worst emotion, I feel it every day, my son has spent a lot of time sofa surfing, being in squats and also on the streets, but I can’t have him live here with the other children I have in the house, we as parents don’t deserve this life, not that it is a life, I feel I exist each day, they dont see what they do to us and all we do is try and help, i hope you find some peace here, I’ve just joined and really hope I find peace a bit as well x

sherry
      Participant

Thanks for your reply . I sometimes I think why me I want to be Normal as this feeling is with me everyday .. I know I’m not alone and there are lots of mothers like you and I

Hope one day we can have peace x

Participant

We deserve peace iv spent another evening crying as my son dosnt leave me alone asking for money all day long lying calling texting all day every day yes I give in some days at a loss if what to do feel so weak with it all I have no life he consumes it all. Sorry I’m ranting got to find peace somewhere.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE