Lockdown is hell

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jennifer68
      Participant

Anyone else feeling like your gonna explode being stuck in house with family member with addiction problems ? I feel like I am constantly walking on egg shells and feel trapped and so alone

12goat12
      Participant

YES! It’s totally wearing down on my own state of mind I hate feeling like this but it is also forcing me to figure out a plan of action instead of being able to ignore her problem while I’m away at school

johno799
      Participant

You can’t go on like that it domestic abuse. If it gets to much ring 111 for help

kittenmitten
      Participant

Yes it is like that in lockdown for me too. I used to go to the park all day with my 7 year old to get away from the reality at the weekend when my husband was asleep all day or having a day of low mood and anger. I am having trouble with the feeling of how can I keep going with this and yet the thought of trying to get out now is almost as bad. It’s not like I can easily go stay with family for the week 🙁

lsalina1975
      Participant

I understand your feeling, sometimes I don’t know what to do, just run away and end everything, but I am scare to let then alone and he hurt himself more than already did it…

jennifer68
      Participant

Helps knowing not just me feeling like this I walked for two hours other evening wearing my sunglasses to hide the tears my situation is difficult as my 23 year old son so can’t turn my back on him and if I did make him leave if anything happened to him would never forgive myself ! I can’t even imagine going through this if it was a partner and I had small children in house that’s just terrible and not fair that any of us have to live with these feelings especially when you have to put on a brave face and lie to everyone around you on daily basis it’s rubbish

jennifer68
      Participant

Also need to say that under certain situations you can go stay with family or a friend even though lockdown rules I have checked with gov website

kittenmitten
        Participant

You are right, and I know I have options if things get too much. My mum is in the at risk group for coronavirus and that’s who I would want to run to but wouldn’t feel comfortable. I should concentrate on other options instead. I cant imagine what it must be like to watch your son going through this and wanting to help but not being able to must be horrible for you. For me lockdown has made me want to be closer to my mum and all I think about is the past and how it was between my husband and me before all this. I guess it bought it all into stark reality because all I wanted was my husband to be there for us and to make things feel safe but I have felt the opposite.

jennifer68
      Participant

It’s heartbreaking when you love someone and they do this to you as you cannot understand how if someone truely loves you that they would put you through this , but unfortunately it’s the power of alcohol and drugs ! Makes people lie , steal and manipulate. I think maybe this lockdown has made alot of people myself included really reavaluate their lives and future. I know that after all this is over I am going to make serious changes I will not have another 7 years of living like this and I hope you find the strength to do the same . Must be terrible not being able to be with your mum when you need that love support and understanding that a mother gives but your not alone and there are links on this website where you can talk to people who can help but understand thats not for everyone , I hope you have ok few days

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE