Lost

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      leeg
      Participant

I have used cocaine for over 20 years and have had times when I have not used for 6 or 7 months then just start again. I do have mental problems and have been accepted for treatment for adhd. I’m 51 and sick of that evil drug and the parasites that pedal it to anyone. Need help anyone got any advice please

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Leeg, welcome to the forum, everyone here is affected, or has a loved one affected by addictions . There are also people in recovery giving good advice and support. Read Danman83, he has been sharing his story with the forum.

My son has alcohol and cocaine addictions so I have some understanding of how this evil drug can take a hold of someone’s life and destroy everything in its path.

And don’t even get me started on the scumbag dealers who prey on vulnerable people who have mental health issues.

It sounds like you’re ready to fight this battle as you realise you have a problem and are seeking help.

AA and CA online meetings are a good place to start. You’ll meet many people from all walks of life but who all have the same end goal. They’ll start you on the 22step program, get you a sponsor, and a great support network. As Danman83 has said, you need to delete dealers numbers, stay off social media, stay away from other users and avoid triggers.

It’s interesting you mention ADHD. I did a course online ‘understanding ADHD ‘ there is such a strong link between it and OCD and substance abuse.

So sad to think so many people, unsettled, possibly in jail, knowing something is wrong, but not sure what? Undiagnosed adhd, you can get medication for it, strategies to help you to cope. I’m sure when you get your treatment, everything will fall into place and you’ll realise you don’t need drugs or alcohol to ‘make you feel confident or whatever ‘ . I’ve a suspicion my son has Adhd, or ocd as he doesn’t seem to have an off switch.

Read the other stories especially Danman ‘s.

I hope some of this helps you to seek the help and support you need to stop and turn your life around.

Stay strong

Lx

lindyloo
      Participant

* oops 12 step program , apologies Lx

leeg
      Participant

Thank you

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE