Lost and no idea what to do…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ellcee
      Participant

Hi,
      myself and my younger sister are really struggling to cope with my Dad’s codeine addiction. Although our Mum told us of it several years ago, he has never mentioned it to us until recently. He told us he had saved up £2000 and was going to a rehab for a week. He thought this was the first we heard of it. Since then he lost his flat and moved in with my sister as apparently the owners are selling the building. I’m not sure this is true, when helping him move his things out, he spotted his landlords outside and made us carry on driving. We asked for proof the building was being sold and he got angry. We asked for proof he went to rehab, he again got angry. My sister has let him stay with her for two months rent free. He was supposed to be looking for somewhere to live, he turned down a house share with people from work and also refused to go to flat viewings set up by my sister. Today is his 50th birthday and he has spent the last two days not seeing any of his three children and sleeping in his car as him and my sister had an argument over the whole situation. He hasn’t made any contact with her, but has been in touch with me. His addiction cost him his marriage with our mother and it is now destroying his life. We have no idea where to go for help, what help is available and how to help him get through this. It is so hard seeing him like this but I feel offering a place to stay with me will do no good. I think maybe he needs this shock to sort his life out. I have no idea if we are doing the right thing, it is breaking our hearts. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE