Mental Health & Alcohol Addiction

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      moimoi
      Participant

I’m desperately struggling with my 20 year old who has Autism and severe mental health issues. Alcohol has become everything. Sleeping eating and drinking is what happens in waking hours (around 8-10) They are about to start an alcohol programme again but I’m so very worried about mental health, with a week of wanting to kill themselves and crisis calls ending with ambulance but nothing ever gets done to help with mental health issues. If you’re drunk they won’t deal with you but the drinking is happening to block mental health. I just feel so frustrated. Every diagnosis has just advised to look online for help and it’s just not enough!

desperato
      Participant

Same issues here.

cara
      Participant

I’ve had similar experiences with my daughter. She has long term mental health problems with long periods of hospitalisation under the age of 18. Adult mental health services do not seem able to meet her needs and she’s turned to drug use to control her symptoms. She also has an Autism diagnosis but not severe enough to require intervention from their services. Mental health do not wish to help because of substance misuse, drugs services feel it’s down to underlying mental health issues and so point use back to mental health. The GP feels that it’s too complex for them to manage. Where do we go from here?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE