Meth addicted boyfriend

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      unkn0wn808
      Participant

Hello, I’m new here, and really just needed somewhere to talk.

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 6 years, we got together really young & and we just welcomed our first child into the world! I’ll start by saying I’ve always loved him very much & I still do, but I don’t know how much more I can take. When he’s clean he’s the most awesome person I’ve ever met, last year he was clean for a few months and it was amazing! Unfortunately he relapsed last year and hasn’t looked back nor does he want to stop. Not only does he have crazy mood swings, he’s emotionally so abusive, and he criticizes every single thing I do for my son.. but if I say anything to him I get threats. I’ve loved him for so long and I also don’t want to be a single mom but I don’t know how much more I can take, honestly if it weren’t for my son I don’t know if I’d even still be here. I don’t know where this was going I guess I just wanted to get something off my mind.

esta
      Participant

I

laylab1
      Participant

Hi. I think you gave yourself the answer of what to do. You said if it wasn’t for your son you don’t know if you would be here. Your son shouldn’t grow up in abusive relationship, and see any of this. You don’t want him to grow up and think it’s ok what dad does, smoke meth, and abuse mom. He needs to hit rock bottom before he wants help and that’s only if he wants help and thinks he has a problem, and even then rock bottom has a basement.

Nothing you say or do will change his mind until he is ready!

My suggestion would be to seek family support if you can. Maybe your parents as parents will always love you and understand and want best for you.

You need to set achievable boundaries with him if you want to work on your relationship. If he keeps denying his addiction you can test him.

Just think why is it ok for him to abuse you and call you names but you can’t even talk to him about a “problem” addiction that he has.

That is NOT OK. You are an amazing person and a mother you don’t need an addict to tell you how to live your life or raise your son.

Good luck!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE