Methodone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      nannyt
      Participant

My son is on 40mg of methodone daily , so I don’t understand why he’s still using , I’ve spoken to him and he says I don’t understand . He started off using a little once on the methodone , now it’s daily again . I’m at my breaking point again with all this , tbh sick of it , it’s ruining my life again . I feel like chucking him out as I feel like I’ve done everything I possibly can to help him . He has no money now so will probably be thieving again . If I chuck him out he’ll end up on the streets again , which is also a worry . He’s on a tag and has to be in at 7pm , he’s only had it on a week and half and already he’s broke his curfew 6 times . I know this will sound terrible but if he goes back to prison I can sleep soundly and not worry constantly as I know where he is

steveze
      Participant

I could assist you on the solution to all this

nannyt
        Participant

How ??? Any advice or help appreciated

wonderingwhy
      Participant

Hello, I’m sorry to hear about your son. My dad was a heroin addict who got my mum on drugs 4 years ago. What I’ve learnt from this is that drugs come first no matter how much pain their addiction causes, only they can stop no matter how much you try and support them if they do not want to get clean they won’t.

nannyt
        Participant

Since my last post my son is now back on the streets , I actually saw him begging last week outside the £1 shop. When I saw him I think it made me finally realise that I just cannot help him anymore . I try not to think about him too much because it makes me so sad , and I don’t want to be sad all the time. I’m so sorry that your parents are addicts and that your dad got your mum on drugs , must be painful for you too. But like you said they are the only ones that can do it not us , we can support them when that time comes . Stay safe

sherry
      Participant

Hi my daughter has been taking herion for over 20 years .

I have support her and tried to get her off this devil drug I can no longer

do this anymore and like your son she is homleless too.

There is no answer to this ,I have cried so much over the last 20 years even had a meltdown.

I just want peace the life style they choice is so chaotic and that has been my life to . Like youI have let go most people dont understand this but they have not lived with a drug addict .

I hope you can have peace in your life and maybe one day our children will turn their lifes around.

nannyt
      Participant

Thankyou for understanding , it’s an awful thing and has destroyed so many families , but one thing I have learnt is acceptance fir what they are and the hope that one day they will see the light and get clean . I hope you don’t mind me asking but dies your daughter inject or smoke . Stay safe and think of yourself x

sherry
      Participant

My daughter has done both over the years and as I haven’t seen her for a couple of months, I’m not sure which method she does now. Mainly she was smoking it, unless she hasn’t got enough money, she tends to inject.

Heroin addiction is an awful thing and I think the hardest part is accepting the fact that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. It is completely out of your control and nothing will change until they want to change their lifestyle. Unfortunately, you have no control over that either and it makes you feel helpless. But remember, their addiction is not your fault.

Be strong and if you have accepted that there isn’t anything you can do, then you will find yourself in a better place. I think about my daughter every single day but still have to live my life as best as I can. I totally empathise with you and fully understand because I’m livig it too. Take care.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE