Mothers addiction to alcohol

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      clairea13
      Participant

Hi all I have been suffering with this for as long as I can remember, from early childhood until now late 30s. Its been a roller coaster and I am struggling with my relationship now with my mother. She has a chaotic lifestyle and despite all help etc she still continues to reach for the bottle. She isn’t one for just having a few drinks. She has alot of issues in her past. She continues to fall into relationships with men also who have had issues with dtink or meet them surrounding alcohol like in a pub etc.

I feel she uses me all the time. She is manipulative and causes myself so much pain. I don’t have a healthy relationship with her. It’s either she’s drunk and I get angry at her or she’s sober and I can’t stand her because she continues to drink. I am at the end of my tether, I have mental health issues because of it all.

My question is how do I detach myself, how do I care from a distance ? Is anyone had similar experience? How do you cope ?

Thank you

Anonymous
      Inactive

Do you have youtube I have I page I’ve suffered with all the things you have mentioned alcohol just doesn’t effect the abuser it effects the family I’ve been through loads of addictions and I do daily videos if you want to subscribe my stories might help with your mental health and the alcohol issues

THE LINK IS BELOW CLICK OR COPY AND PASTE INTO THE BROWSER THEN SUBSCRIBE AND WATCH

https://youtube.com/channel/UCvKqCZW_z6SWJ1ddOgN3ldg/

YOUR NOT ALONE

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s free of course just let me know

Anonymous
      Inactive

Did you subscribe I might be able to help u it’s free

eddie123
      Participant

Hi there, this sounds like a very difficult situation for you and I am sorry. I know of a great charity that supports people like yourselves nationwide. The family support programme is all remote and they help many families a year. Please see link and fill in the referral and someone will endeavour to respond within 24 hours. https://adaptoxford.org.uk/the-icarus-programme/

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE