Moving Forward

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I feel helpless and very stupid. My husband has had a drug problem using cannabis for 15 years now. I’ve let him convince me to compromise on when and where he can smoke and now I see that I have been an enabler to his smoking. He promises he can stop but he has proven time after time that he can’t.

I don’t want him to be a drug addict and I want to believe that he can stop. But all his actions tells me he can’t and he smokes all the time. He wakes up and smokes, he smokes in the bathroom while he takes a bath, he smokes before he gets in the car, hes smokes during tv shows when he steps into the garage

How do I help him, how do I help my kids. What do I say to him when he blames me for drinking when we go out, or having a drink at home. What do I say when he says he won’t do it again and he sees how disappointed and hurt I am for lying. What do I say when he says he does not have a problem and he can stop any time. What do I say when he says he doesn’t want to stop. Every talk about this escalates into an argument and he becomes violent. Do I walk away or Do I hang on to help him? How do I and my kids move forward?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE