My 17 year old son is taking drugs and I believe selling

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      diana
      Participant

I just don’t know what to do or who to turn to for help and advise. My lovely boy is turning into a stranger. About 18 months ago he started dabbling with weed my husband and I found out, confronted him and he denied it for months but on regular evidence had to eventually admit it but said lots of his friends did it socially and no big deal. We have accepted that we can try and give all the advice and let him know the risks and dangers but at the end he takes no notice of us . It now seems to have moved on and he is now taking something called mkat as I have seen conversations on his Facebook . I am sure that he is also now selling. I just don’t know what to do. We have tried talking but my son is now so far away from who he was. Has lost all his old friends and just won’t have anything to do with us other than using the home as somewhere to sleep. I read and read to find answers and advice on how best to help my son. I have spoken
      N to the website frank and been to talk to the doctor . None seemed to be able to offer much help other than to say to keep supportive and not to judge him and that he will need to decide to stop. I am so worried that I am doing too little or saying too much or just handling it all wrong. I am terrified.

cj2275
      Participant

I can’t offer you any advice Diana only that I understand your fears and feel your frustration at the lack of support available. Xx

amandaa
      Participant

Hello Diana
      Go to drugfam or oasis to get some support. Their help and guidance has really helped me. You sound like me trying to help your son making sure he is ok but the reality is all you are doing is helping him carry on doing what he is doing. Not criticising you because i was the same. 7 nearly 8 years on i have only just walked away and doing full on ‘tough love’. Its so hard and at this time of year feels like my heart is ripping in two. But the reality is if he wont change then you shouldnt have your life ruined by it. Sounds harsh. His only chance of changing is for you to change how you deal with it. After xmas have a look and see where your local group might. It really does help. xxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE