My bf is a drug addict and my family wants me to dump him

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      eyeuti
      Participant

So my bf and I met in rehab. In the beginning we were sober and doing fine but ended up relapsing and I did drugs I’ve never done before. We both went to detox and got help but he slipped and I stayed on track. He’s in rehab now and tells me how regretful he is for everything that happened and that he will do better. I do believe he wants to better himself and wants to do better. But as an addict too I’m not completely trusting of his word. I love him a lot and really want this to work. However, my family is in my ear daily telling me to dump him, that he’s evil and they have me questioning him. When I talk to him I feel confident of him but then when I’m alone I start overthinking everything. I understand why my family thinks so unkind of him but I wish they’d just respect the fact that I want to be with him and believe in him. I’m at a point where I don’t know what to do. I love him and don’t want to lose him or break his heart. But I want my family to leave me alone and they won’t unless I break up with him. Do I stay with him or should I dump him?

charlieweb
      Participant

I see no responses here, and that says a lot to me. Sounds like a struggle that only you know the true answer to. Sometimes we are ready for change, and sometimes we are not. Tests are everywhere, and choices are many. I wish you the best with your decision, and hope you make the most loving one for caring for you as you are in active recovery and you must come first. Best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE