My Brother

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by jj05.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jj05
      Participant

My brother is a meth addict. It seems weird to see it in writing. I mean he’s been on drugs for as long as I can remember but still, it’s weird. Final in a way maybe?

Anyway, He’s in rehab now, again, maybe it’ll stick this time. There’s a nine year age difference between us so It’s always bee kinda normal for him to be home for a week and then leave for a month or so, sometimes less. With him being in rehab it seems wrong to complain but i’m figuring out that the hurt he’s caused doesn’t go away the second he’s clean. This post is going all over the place, sorry.

But back to the point (whatever that was), He’s been in rehab for 3 months (give or take), it’s a 6 month long program that he’s lucky he got into. The only reason I can even keep up with how long he’s been there is because he called my parents at 11 pm on a Thursday night freaking out because he was withdrawing. That night was the night of my Nana’s visitation (she had passed the Sunday before) and we had already been there since 2 pm and got stuck talking to a family friend until he called. At which point me, my siblings, and my parents rushed over to the house he was at that was like 5 minutes away, and took him to the hospital. My mom ended up taking him to a detox place the next day, missing the funeral and barely making it for the burial. Then over the next week it was back and forth from a rehab he didn’t like to one he was trying to get into but couldn’t because of the warrant and back to the same one, which he has stayed at so far. Those two weeks were awful and I pray we don’t have to go through them again.

Sorry for the long post and I hope it made sense. I don’t know why I posted it, I just needed to see it written down maybe?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE