My Dad is at it again!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

The first time I commented on here was way back in April, at that time my Dad was living with me and I was trying my very hardest to help my Dad. He had an appointment with addaction the day after I posted and they said that he needed to attend regular meetings, then maybe attend a few group meetings before they could fully assess him and consider rehab/wethouse. My dad suffers heavily from anxiety and for him group sessions just weren’t an option, I don’t know if this is something that all addactions do but I feel like it was a silly option for my Dad and because of it he wouldn’t return at all to the meetings. My Dad got very depressed after this and contemplated suicide, he would go missing for hours, walk out into the sea and scare me to death. We decided to go to A&E and talk to someone urgently about his drinking and his depression. At A&E they wouldn’t even consider helping with his alcoholism but let him talk to a Councillor and got him some anti-depressants. For 2 months he stayed clear of the alcohol, he found himself a flat, had all the stuff to decorate, he was doing a bit of gardening to help out and then as soon as his move in date was around the corner he started drinking again! This time it was very serious, he went out, didn’t come back til the day after, said he got lost, other days he came back with bruises and cuts, black eyes everything saying he had been beaten up. This was hard as my dad has never been a fighter, he’s quite a small and thin man and it was heartbreaking. A&E got involved many of times but he didn’t want to know them, he then decided that he wanted to live in his car, he actually wanted to be homeless so he could drink and do whatever he wanted. Eventually he got arrested as he had the engine running while intoxicated (he didn’t have any intention of driving) and then his car got taken away. There was no more I could possibly do to help him, he’d been to homeless groups, AA, A&E, addaction and nothing helped. Now he is living back in Yorkshire with his Dad and again he stopped drinking for a month as he realised he missed us and wanted to move back down South but now today I have just found out he is in A&E again, he got took there by ambulance as someone found him collapsed. I fear the next phone call will be telling me the worst has happened and I have no idea what to do! I can’t do anything more to help!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE