My husband and Cocaine

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      laurac86
      Participant

As I lay here writing this post, I keep thinking to myself, not again.

My husband has been addicted to cocaine for most of our marriage, which is 8 years this year. I have come to

the realisation that, he will choose that white powder over myself and our children everytime.

There has always been that glimmer of hope that he will change, that he will get better. But I know deep down that he won’t. I don’t trust him, his a pathological liar when it comes to cocaine, and I am sick of sounding like a broken record and being depressed all the time.

He blames his cocaine addiction on me, he says I’m cold with him and says that I treat him like s**t.

He promises me that he will stop, that he will change, but it’s just empty promises. I ask him to do a drug test to prove he is no longer using, but there is always an excuse. I literally feel like I can’t go in anymore and maybe my kids would be better of without me atm, because I am so depressed about the whole situation.

I feel like I am just going round in circles. Once upon a time, I was a strong, sociable person, but now, I hate leaving the house and just sleep all day while the children are at school ( I work evenings, which doesn’t help, as I feel no purpose to my day) I don’t talk to anyone about how I feel, because I feel that I sound like a broken record.

Both my children receive counselling at the minute because of the situation at home. I have no friends anymore, because my husband, doesn’t want us to have any friends. ( To be honest, I think all his long term friends are sick of the same situation and nothing ever changing)

I’m just so sad and don’t know what to do anymore

unsure2021
      Participant

Your kids need you so much more than the situation your all in , no wonder your depressed and mentally drained , Try get help to take you and the kids out of that situation because they need there mum , seek support in family and friends to help you out , maybe go to Dr and tell them how your feeling and see what support medication wise or therapeutic you can get ,think of yourself as being so strong you’ve had this life for years but now your tired, please don’t give up , reach out to your family n friends and ask them to help you get you and your kids life turned around x

michellec20
      Participant

Hi sorry to hear this . Is sounds exactly what am going through and I was such a happy person with everything together financially now am depressed about and shout ball all the time in house about same shit were is rest of your wages this week or did u take £30 out my pocket or why is the house camera been deleted off my phone oh that’s right cos ur stupid dealer pals dropping shit off. Am nearing the end of taking this anymore have 2 children one to him our son is 4 . Been together 7 year I didn’t know he took stuff till about 2 year in drove out the game to go get more shit and warped his car his dad bought him a month earlier around a pole so he got banned and a fine and a night in jail . Longest he has ever stoped was 6 weeks went to meetings and stuff but he’s 41 now I don’t think he will change . Totally drained . Does anyone know meeting in Glasgow can go talk to people going through same x

unsure2021
      Participant

I’m from Glasgow , happy to chat to you x I don’t know of any meeting’s but sure their will be just Google or someone on here can point you in the right direction, hope your OK

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE