My husband enables

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      beth1025
      Participant

My husband has enabled our son for a while now. Even let him get out of rehab early against all advice. He’s always cleaning up after this kid. Never lets him learn from consequences. Our 31 year old son won’t work, so my husband gives him an allowance, we also pay his cell phone bill, his rent for his apartment, electric, we pay everything. My husband wants to retire in 3 years. We can not do it at the rate he gives our son money. My husband has lied to me straight faced and hid giving him money. I’m so done. I want to kick my husband out. This is destroying our family. We have been a few times to a marriage counselor and the counselor is afraid to talk because John tells lies and says we’re picking on him. The counselor said he doesn’t talk much because my husband tells lies and twists things – like we’re picking on him. I’m so tired of this. I have an 18 year old daughter who is watching this. What do I do? How can he put a lying, stealing dead beat ahead of his wife and daughter? I should mention that that “our son” was adopted as an adult (long story, we did not know he was an addict until after the adoption and then things really changed in him). Did anyone kick out a spouse that was enabling and causing problems? How did it turn out?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE