My husband is a cocaine addict

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      louchap89
      Participant

Hi everyone it’s nice to be able to talk to other family’s wife’s about this I have been married 4 years and together 6 years last 3 years have been hell he has been taking cocaine and stealing money out of my purse selling things when I have been out making up lies story’s that situations have happened but they haven’t I know he is lying to me but he has now turned into a horrible person angry aggressive I don’t dare upset him otherwise he threatens to smash up the house etc I can’t leave money in my purse in the house he has ocd aswell which has made him worse and now 4 weeks clean and on cocaine anonymous but just his anger is bad! I have threatened to leave him and go and lockdown was hell for us being stuck together I honestly at the last point I can’t do this anymore I want to trust him but I don’t and all I think is that I could be happier without all this shit in my life as I just feel stressed constantly we have been trying to have a baby for years but he doesn’t happen I think it’s stress of him doing the drugs and being in and out of work constantly thanks for listening to me appreciate the feedback from you all louise

deedee
      Participant

Your not alone . I’ve been with my boyfriend for nearly 10 years and he is addicted to cocaine. He too has stolen money out my purse and bank cards so I have to hide them. I spent a week away at my sisters to get away from it all came back to find hes sold the TV, laptop and other stuff. Found out yesterday that the rent hasn’t been paid and he doest seem to care. I’ve tried to support him but he has lied so much that I can’t take it anymore. We’ve ended up in so much debt that I think its now time to go our separate ways. I always worried that if I left he would end up on the street but no realised if that happens it won’t be my fault. One thing I’ve learnt is you can’t depend on them for anything

louchap89
      Participant

Oh god that’s so awful I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s the same he doesn’t have any money as he doesn’t work and now he is using his addiction to not get a job so all the pressure is on me which is so unfair and that is making me resentful towards him cause he couldn’t give a shit about anyone but himself and I’m the same I have had to replace all the things he has broken and sold! And I sound stupid i always worry the same that he would end up homeless on his own but he has so much family and I can do much better than being stuck with him being abusive telling me it’s all my fault we argue and that it’s my fault he takes drugs! I don’t deserve it! But I know if I try to leave he will make my life hell!!

bella73
      Participant

I wonder if anyone can help me out here! I’m talking about my x partner, I want to know as I’m a little confused with the different partners he has, is this normal! If I’m honest and not sounding like I’m a snob but all of them are shocking, nit women I would ever put him with, obviously they all do coke, so that’s a bonus for him!!! But is he looking for a realtor ship or would he be feeling very sexual on coke???

outofideas
      Participant

I do hope you will get the help you need. It is going to be hard due to the fact that your girlfriend is using as well. But try and think of your girls. What would you do if it was the other way round? If it was one of your girls using? You would not like it and try and do everything possible to get her away from coke. They deserve a dad who is there for them and is strong enough to overcome his addiction.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Louise,

Thank you for posting and sharing your story. I am so sorry that your life is so difficult because of your husband’s cocaine habit. It’s really hard for you.

I work for a charity called The Icarus Trust. We offer support to the families of addicts because we know how hard living with an addict can be.

If you contact us you can be put in touch with one of our trained and experienced people. They would listen, understand what you are going through and maybe help you to find a way ahead.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best to you.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE