My husband is a cocaine addict and out of control

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jelement
      Participant

Hi all!

Married 17yrs to this man I thought I knew so well. I thought we were best friends and that he’d never turn his back in his family. Instead more and more this man became a monster. When he drank he hated me then it became he just hated me. I couldn’t understand where this was coming from as I was so good to him. Our kids increasingly became neglected as well. His impatience, moody, erratic at times, and secretive behaviour just became impossible to live with. I knew nothing about drugs or signs. I believed he was depressed and couldn’t cope until he left. I discovered not only was he having an affair but, snorting coke, using oxy and injecting steroids. This man hated needles. He’s turned into this person I don’t know. When he needs something he’ll call or come to the house to try and manipulate. He’ll call and say one thing one day and it be entirely different days later. I’m not sure he knows why he left as that too changed from day to day. He’s not interested in anything he used to. Sleeps a lot at times yet other times just going without sleeping a regular schedule. He wants to come home one day and the next his family is dead to him. How does one understand why they go through such great lengths to hurt people they used to live so dearly?

jelement
      Participant

*love

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your story. So sorry that you are having such a tough time. If you would like to contact us at Icarus Trust , the charity i work for, you would be able to speak with one of our Family Friends. They are trained very experienced and good listeners. They would be able to help you answer some of your questions and would let you know what other support is available.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best to you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE