my husband is an opioid addict. feeling alone & need clarity.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      victoria92
      Participant

been married for 5 years now. his addiction was long before me but It was hidden until after we got married. we have children, and with him being in complete financial control I have a hard time setting healthy boundaries. my life on the outside is wonderful. he makes a lot of money so his addiction doesn’t affect us financially ..yet. I am alone a lot of the time with a man who is always high, I desperately want him to get clean but nothing I say or do will make him want to get sober. I have literally no friends or family now that his drug addiction has taken over. I don’t know what to do, at times im such a mess from crying all day and night that I can’t even be in the moment with my children. he controls me financially because deep down I think he knows I deserve better and would prefer to leave. I feel like im being caged, you would have never thought that if you saw my life from the outside. I am so depressed with shame most days. first it was a blue opiod pill and now he’s smoking fentanyl through some sort of glass bong that heats up to a thousand degrees. I have asked him to not do it in our home but then he’s never here and I become the bad guy. can anyone please give me some insight on my life? I came on here not to really ask a question but more for an outside perspective. ive isolated myself to the point where I only see my children every day. I don’t have friends because of the shame and my family wasn’t much to begin with. im still young but the mental exhaustion has been so overwhelming that I feel tired all the time. pls help me with some insight.

drained-and-tired
      Participant

Hiya,

You have done the right thing by coming on here, because it generally does help when your emotions get the better of you. I don’t understand the difference in drugs personally all I know is my partner of 7 years is addicted to cocaine and has also done other things but where he is so secretive I would never know. He now injects and dissappears for days and I become an emotional wreck. He has been on a binge all week and I was worried sick and he returned Wednesday eve and then disappeared again Thursday morning. He has lost jobs and I know he will return when the money runs out. But its just the stress and strain they cause when high. Does your husband dissappear? It seems to be with these drug users they all follow the same path, no matter what drug.

I’m here for a chat it always helps hope your ok xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE