My husband the addict

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      babymama
      Participant

I have been with this man for a while now. After I fell in love with him he told me he was a recovering addict. He told me he had gone to rehab twice already for extended periods of time.

Since then he has disappeared over 50+ times in the last year for long periods of time ( 48-72-96 hours) with zero communication.

He has missed birthdays, holidays, family gathering, soecuak events because he was MIA.

I HAVE HAD 2 very difficult pregnancies over the last year ( babies are 11.5 months apart). I have been hospitalized, on machines, transférés by ambulance all while he was unreachable because he was out doing drugs.

Drinking has also become a huge problem. He constantly drinks. He drinks while he works, he drinks while driving, he starts drinking at 10 am. He sometimes drinks for an entire week end without stopping. He has become quite violent when he drinks. He looses his marbles on me for absolutely nothing. He degrades me in front of our children. He yells, screams, slams doors. He has missed so much work because he was either to hung over or was still intoxicated. He owns his own business. How is that showing your employees the right way. He will call and text my parents to give them shit if him and I are arguing. He will call his mother at 3 am to complain about me.

I spend my days crying because I can no longer handle it. I barely eat anymore. I hardly sleep. I am constantly worried and walking on egg shells.

I cannot live like this anymore and I don’t want my kids growing up in this environment but on the other hand I can’t leave because I’m scared. Scared of what he could and would do if I left.

thistim3
      Participant

Babymama: Your message is so sad. The love that you have for your family will get you through this. The answers that you need will come to you, but you must try to calm yourself first. Try not to react to whatever your husband is doing and stay in the moment with your children. You won’t regret it. Your husband will do whatever he will do, you can only control what you do and how you decide to live your life one day at a time. The years with your young children are priceless and the time goes by so fast.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE