My partner

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      lottystanworth
      Participant

I have been with my partner for over a year and i have seen his drinking over the past few months become worse and worse to the point that over a 8 day period he had 6 bottles of brandy (70cl- 1ltr) i try to talk to him about how much he is drinking and he doesnt seem to think it is that much and everytime we talk about it i just get really upset as i dont know how to help him. But its got to the point that i cant even go out with a few friends for tea without getting verbal abuse over text messages. And when lock myself in a room he tries to argue. This is having a toll on our relationship and i dont know what to do.

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi,

I am sorry to read your post about your partner’s drinking. It is so difficult to know what to do or say when you are faced with this situation. If you think talking with people who would understand what you are dealing with please contact The Icarus Trust.

We are a charity that supports the friends and families of people who have addictive behaviours and we have trained and experienced people you could talk with if you contact us. Maybe talking things through with one of them would help you to know what to do next.

You can contact us on help@icarustrust.org or visit the website http://www.icarustrust.org

All the best.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE