My partner has just told me he’s addicted to cocaine and can’t stop!!!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      helpless
      Participant

My partner has just told me it’s that bad he has a hole in his nose, I’m absolutely worrying my head off.

He said he tried to stop once but he was shaking in bed, what do i do now?? I feel sick I don’t know how I’ll sleep tonight!! He said he wants to stop but this morning he acted like everything was normal, did he regret telling me? Can he even remember telling me? I’m too scared to talk about it because it scares the hell out of me.

hox
      Participant

You are not alone there are a lot of us on here worrying about our other halves cocaine addiction.

Problem is there is nothing you can do unless he wants help. At least he has admitted he is addicted. Ask, don’t be afraid. Tell him you are there to help.

Look at our ‘stories’ on here it will give you an insight of what is to come if nothing is done about it. Don’t sweep this chance under the carpet.

helpless
      Participant

Just wondering how many years do you think he’s been doing this to end up having a hole in his nose?? If he was to just stop taking it altogether will he become seriously ill?? Will he need to wean himself off before he stops?? It’s like I’m living a nightmare!! I don’t know where to turn.

danman83
      Participant

He must be using a hell of a lot for his nose to get a hole in. Maybe in the morning as well. Im doing my best to stop coke. Im having it once a month. When its wearing off it sends you depressed and suicidal. I imagine hes told you as he is coming down wanting help.. but i could be wrong. But i doubt it, as it makes you do things like that and then be normal.the next day.

1st off if his nose is like that, he needs stop asap. I dont think its like heroin were u need weening off it. He needs to want to quit himself, and with his nose being like that id go see a doc, and get my self to a cocaine/narcs meeting straight away. He obviously is bad. Sit him down and ask him how long and how often and how much is he using. Tell him you want the truth or we wont able to fix this..

If he wants to quit he needs to.. delete all dealers nums out of his phone, friends and family who take coke. Come off all social media, and replace his routine with a new 1.. with new hobbies to replace his usual routine of having coke.

No drinking alcohol as well.

Does he go out alot?

danman83
      Participant

Have you not noticed him at all on it? Sniffing? Sneaking off? Coming back the next day? Or anxiety?

danman83
      Participant

Has he a got a well paid job if you dont mind me asking?

helpless
      Participant

He’s earn’s between £600-£700 a week

helpless
      Participant

And I was aware he did it on the odd occasion at Christmas etc, but lately he comes from work and won’t even stay for coffee, but it’s early in the week so I assumed no way surely, but now my heads in over drive!!

danman83
        Participant

He could be using at work. I know a few that do.. that could explain why he wont sit and have a coffee.. it knocks your appitite right out the window.

danman83
      Participant

Its a good wage. Just asking because with coke and how much you earn i guess has an influence how much you have of it, depending how bad you are. Because if you get one you get another, when that wears off you get another..

But if you have no money left, you just leave it there.

Does he want to get help?

helpless
      Participant

He goes out twice a week and that’s every week, he told me before we got together that his ex partner tried to control when he went out, and that he would never let himself be controlled like that again, he said she was mentally abusive and he made his life hell, so the last thing I wanted to do was control when he goes out, if you can see where I’m coming from

danman83
      Participant

Ye i can see were your coming from. And there is nothing wrong with that.

But alcohol is a main trigger to get coke. The minute i drink, i want coke. So i dont drink unless i go out, which is very rarely.

But.. he has to look at the facts.. hes got a hole in his nose, he is an addict. Does he still want to go out twice a week knowing this? I know people who use each week and they dont have holes in there nose. Only times ive heard about that is like that daniella westbrook and kerry katona.. were they wake up taking it 1st thing in the morning, and plzzz dont think im having a go.. i am not.. im just making you aware because it seems you dont know much about it.

He might not have much and it might just effect his nose worse than others.

Have you got kids?

helpless
      Participant

And when he admitted all this the admission wasn’t on a come down it was obviously on a high because we’d just been out for drinks with friends.

danman83
        Participant

Well ye it would work both ways.. hes high and happy and talkative and prob thought he best tell you..

I never tell my gf i use, but when i come down i tell her. And then she goes mad.

helpless
      Participant

Yes we’ve got two together

danman83
      Participant

It gets to the point as well , you need coke to go out or you wont be happy till u get it.

Its a real sneaky drug.

danman83
      Participant

Just try and make him aware that the money he puts up his nose could be going on the children, and no doubt your children get everything anyway.. mine do.. its just wasting money and my gf does this to me, and it upsets me and shes right.

danman83
      Participant

So whats he saying then? Is he going to carry on as normal? Or try and get help?

helpless
      Participant

Yes it’s a terrible drug!! You can’t visibly see this hole he said the hole is up his nose where his two nostrils meet in the middle, and sometimes see him picking his nose quite a lot which he never did when we first got together, I’ve also noticed over the last year his snoring is so intense I’d rather sleep else where.

danman83
      Participant

Watch this video if you can. This woman has treated people for coke and crack problems, and she explains it all in good detail and how to stop.

Watch “Part 1 ‘Stop Using Crack/Cocaine and reclaim your life’, the recovery process revised” on YouTube

danman83
      Participant

Louise clarke is her name

danman83
      Participant

He needs to see a doc to see how bad it is.

Maybe if the doctor sees it and says.. if you carry on you will lose part of your nose in the middle. It might make him want to stop. So id mither him to see the doctor and it could help both of you really.

helpless
      Participant

Thankyou Dan I’ve just watched the you tube video, along with yourself it’s helped to understand a bit more about the situation I’m dealing with, I hope you don’t mind me reaching out you in the future as I know I’ll most probably need it !!

danman83
      Participant

No feel free to ask me anytime. I forgot say.. i had hypnosis last week for it last week. £85 for one 2 hour session. I dont feel like using but i seem to lapse every 4th week. It use be a lot worse than that. But im controlling it a lot better now. So ill have see if it works

helpless
      Participant

Please can you let me know how it goes, I wish you all the luck in the world,don’t be a stranger please keep in touch.

danman83
      Participant

Ill let u know in about a month if its working lol. Good luck ????

bluebell
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear this. Please know that we on here know what you are going through. You will not want to hear what I have to say, I certainly didn’t when I first came on here, but the truth is this.

He has told you he didn’t like his ex as she was “controlling”. No, I bet he didn’t. We all get tarnished with that one.

You are now in a panic, you are going to want to fix him. I’m sorry, you can’t. I learned the hard way when after 20 years and two children together my husband had a psychotic meltdown and accused me of having an affair which for all the flack I got I certainly wish I had. I screamed, I begged, I pleaded, I acted kindly and sympathetically, I read up, I did everything to save him. He even begged to come back and I took him (after he left me by the way as I was “doing his nut in”) yeah right…that lasted 5 months. I finally divorced him in June.

The lies still keep coming fast and furious. You almost believe them they are such accomplished manipulators and liars. Even when my 9 year old son found weed in his car and I got a social services referral (no action taken as I am not an addict) he still minimised the extent of his drug taking lifestyle. And the cocaine. Well if you want to truly go to the dark side then that’s certainly the gateway.

I have suffered, my kids have suffered and all the while he swans about snorting and puffing bringing himself up and down like a friggin yo-yo without a care in the world.

I have been through two years of utter hell, suffered chronic depression, financial ruin and the light feels like it has been sucked out of my soul.

Your partner has a hole up his nose. That’s a heavy user. He’s going to lie to you left right and centre to get away with that one. I made the mistake of believing the lies for 8 years. My lovely kind caring gentle husband died years ago. I was in denial.

Confront him and see what he says. I bet he will regret having said that to you.

My advice, and I am sorry that this sounds harsh, is to walk and never look back. I truly wish somebody had said that to me. But I probably wouldn’t have listened. Sometimes the paths we go down are the ones we need for life to teach us the lessons we need to learn.

ash2013
      Participant

Helpless,

My husband has a hole in his nose too, without being graphic he was blowing chunks out for weeks after he eventually stopped the coke. Thankfully its not right through to the otherside, but its pretty bad, and would have only got worse.

My husband also used to tell me that he wouldnt be controlled. Frankly I think thats the coke talking, as we as partners just want them to stop, so try to work out ways to avoid them doing it. Thing is, all that creates is resentment. Its like telling a kid they can’t do something, they then just want to. Like Danman says, he has to want to stop, and there isnt a thing you can do about it if he’s not at that stage. I’m not talking about a remorseful guilty moment, I’m talking about truly wanting to not be a slave to it.

Coke is about the worst psychologically addictive drug out there, you dont get the physical withdrawal like alcohol or heroin, but dont underestimate its power to keep an addict pulled in.

Hope your partner sees the light and realises the only person thats winning here is his dealer.

Sending hugs x

helpless
      Participant

I’m just plucking up the courage to have the talk, I’m keeping my distance at the moment, to be honest I feel numb about it all, since he confessed I’m not feeling any urge to text him or want him here, but he texts all the time asking how I am, what I’m up to, I just feel not bothered to text, I can’t stop thinking that he’s just going to get worse that’s all that’s on my mind.

ash2013
      Participant

There’s little point having the talk while he’s using, in fact its dangerous. So Just take some time out for yourself.

Him asking how you are and what you’re up to, is just his guilt, it makes the user incredibly selfish. (what other drug would reduce all inhibitions and morals to let users think it was fine to cheat).

He knows what he’s doing is wrong to you, but wants to keep you dangling on the end of the phone for when he wants you.

You should be his priority, I know this now x

helpless
      Participant

I tried to talk to him earlier but he was reluctant to talk, I said why don’t you want to talk about it and he said it’s because I’m ashamed, he said he didn’t have anything tuesday and only had two lines yesterday, he seemed ‘normal’ today no wide eyes and he ate all his dinner that I cooked him, he said I want to stop and I will stop,and the conversation ended, he said he won’t be having any tomorrow, oh god it’s like I don’t want to be in this ‘space’ with him but I can’t help want to help him !!

ash2013
      Participant

I just read the reply from Bluebell. She’s bang on. I could have written her reply, I was accused of an affair with my boss, I now believe my husband was too having a psychotic episode as it was just crazy.

You sound like all the other partners on here, but your journey isn’t too far in to get out.

I think I speak for all the partners who are broken and years into living this awful life. We all should have left a long time ago and been happier.

You can’t help him. You need to look after you. Xx

ash2013
      Participant

He knows you won’t do anything if he tells you he’s done lines. It’s like, I’m being honest with you, that’s good isn’t it…. well kind of, but no??

It’s a warped way of thinking and you’ll become wrapped up in it so tight you can’t breathe

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE