my partner left

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      kwa
      Participant

Hi,

ive been a heavy drinker since 14 , at least 6 cans of stella most nights , im 49 soon and by body is getting tired, my mind is all over the place ,my partner has just left, i know i need to give up , but like a drink so much. is it possible to get over how much i like a drink and get my family back.

georgia26
      Participant

You need to seek help and go into rehab ASAP, or you’ll die from this disease. Do not do this to your family, seek help.. you can overcome this.

I wish you all the best, sending you love and strength.

kwa
      Participant

lol, say it how it is, thanks for the reply , its the only one ive had, i signed up for support but got none .

georgia26
      Participant

If you go to the doctors, theyll refer you to support groups. You need to want this, you wont overcome this until you truly want this.

It sounds harsh but its true, addiction kills.. the sooner you get help the better, its the saddest disease, I feel for you truly.

Do all you can to get help and support, theres lots of it out there, youll find it if you want it that bad.

kwa
      Participant

thanks , im ok for 3-4 nights ,don’t really have withdrawals ,just really fancy a six pack on day 5. ill try and go longer next week when back at work ,thanks for the reply.

hox
      Participant

My sister is a heavy drinker too. Never less than six cans a day and anything else she can get her hands on.

She doesn’t get hungover. She will eventually kill herself, leaving her family behind. She doesn’t care.

Luckily I don’t live close by as she causes arguments.

Looks like you have started cutting down. That’s a start.

kwa
      Participant

yes im trying ,thanks for the reply

hox
      Participant

Sounds daft but you could try hypnosis. I was hypnotised to stop eating Cadbury chocolate. It worked I cannot eat the stuff anymore tastes nasty.

kwa
      Participant

thank you xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE